Making the world's easiest chocolate strawberry candy



After making the world's easiest chocolate cookies with just Nutella, flour and eggs (see how we did it here), I went in search for another world's easiest recipes. My kids love baking (or basically just playing with food) that they eagerly waited for me to have another baking session with them. 
This time, I found an extremely easy recipe that did not even need baking. It was for a chocolate peanut butter cup. However, we improvised the recipe as my kids preferred strawberry jam to peanut butter. We also skipped the honey, sugar and vanilla as I think the chocolate and strawberry jam would be sweet enough. We also substituted the salt with coloured sprinkles. I think we basically changed the whole recipe! Well, the concept was still the same though. 

We bought the ingredients on Saturday morning and the kids were looking forward to making the chocolate strawberry candy after dinner. However, an incident with Isabel during dinner made me so furious that I refused to make the chocolate candy that night. What made me so furious? Isabel fell inside a fish pond in the restaurant! Yes, she was drenched with filthy water! I had told her a thousand times not to bend down too near the pond and she refused to listen until she actually fell into it. I was simply fuming mad! But now, thinking about it made me smile a bit. She did look very funny as she came to me all wet. She tried her best to smile but I could see that she was shocked and tried her best not to cry. When I started scolding her, the tears in her eyes came rushing down and she started bawling. 

Anyway, I was awoken the next day at 7.30am (why do kids have to wake up so early when it is not a school day?) by Ethan. He wanted to make the chocolate candy immediately. After bargaining with him for another half an hour of sleep, I woke up and found both of them waiting for me in the kitchen. Still dressed in their pajamas, we started our making our chocolate candy.

Here's how easy it is:

Getting all ready

Place liners in a tray

Melt chocolate in a bowl

Once melted, scoop the chocolate to fill up half of each liner

Add strawberry jam or whatever your kids fancy



Fill up with the remaining chocolate

Add sprinkles to make it more colourful

Once done, put it into the fridge to set

And there you have it - your own chocolate strawberry candy! 





Comments