Enjoying our time at the library

I recently found out from a friend that there is a children's library in Puchong. Having stayed in Puchong for the last 8 years, I had not even realized that there was such a library nearby my home.

As I am eager to get my kids to love reading, I brought them there two Saturdays ago to check the place out.


The library is located right next to IOI Mall. It is only open on Saturdays from 10am - 2pm with Story-time at 11.30am. It is quite a large place with a play room, story room and library.

Story-time
Kids get to dress up as characters from the story. Can you guess what was the story?
The spacious play room
The cosy library
Isabel couldn't decide on which book to read
Finally decided on a book about a Princess (why am I not surprised?)
Ethan decided on a book about dinosaurs
There were also toys to keep the kids busy


They also have Play Groups for kids from 0 - 4 years old and 5 - 6 years old that starts at 10am. I've signed Isabel up for 2 sessions of the Play Group at RM5 for one session. Unfortunately, Ethan is too old for the Play Group.

Books can be borrowed with a yearly library membership:


Overall, I enjoyed the coziness of the place that makes you feel right at home. I also love the idea that this library is set up by volunteers. The fees they charge are so minimal and it's only to keep the place running. If you have time, you might also want to volunteer to help out by bringing some snacks, cleaning up, organizing simple crafts, lead the singing and movement sessions, conduct storytelling or be involved with organizing special activities.

You can check out their website at http://www.childrenslibrary.my/p/library.html or follow them at their FB at https://www.facebook.com/Childrenlibrary for more information.


Comments