Alternative DIY Christmas Trees

It's the time of the year again, when I should be going to the store room to bring out the boxes of Christmas tree and ornaments. It seems like just a few months ago that we just put the Christmas tree back into the store room.

This year, though, I am feeling really lazy. It's already December but I am still not in the mood to get myself into the store room. The thought of having to take out the ornaments, dismantle the tree, try to put everything back into the boxes one month later just make me feel even lazier.

The kids had asked me about the tree earlier and I told them that we most probably will not have the tree this year. I told them that we will have a different sort of tree this year. What sort of tree, they asked? "Well, it's a surprise!" I told them.


My surprise kind of tree is not to have a tree at all. It just takes too much time and effort. However, in order not to disappoint the kids, I will just try something simple. There are loads of ideas on the internet and I just need to find something nice and simple.

Here are 15 ideas which I think look great:

This is actually my favourite. However, it requires too many PVC pipes and looks like too much work.
Source: Makezine

Need to look for one that is simple and does not take much work....

Source: Hello Pomelo
Source: A Merry Mishap Blog
Source: Colorfully
Source: Brit
Source: elinepellinkhof

Source: Lalole
Source: A Little Tipsy
Source: Flickr
Source: Apartment Therapy
Source: Down To The Woods
Source: A Joyful Riot
Source: Hank And Hunt

Source: Merry Christmas Wall
Source: So Into Vintage

Don't all these alternative trees looks amazing? Who says we must have a traditional green Christmas tree that takes up too much space and time?

Well, if the kids and Daddy don't play the guilty trick on me, we'll just have a different surprising kind of tree this year. We'll see....







Comments