Having another try at baking cookies

After a few failed attempts at baking cookies, I had almost given up. The kids and I had tried a few different recipes but each time, the cookies turned out either too chewy, stuck to the tray or just crumbles when we tried to take it up.

It's a wonder to me why the kids still wanted to make them with me. They had been pestering me for the past few weeks and I kept giving excuses about not having the ingredients. They finally got Daddy to get the ingredients when we were out shopping 2 weeks ago.


After we had all the ingredients, I gave the excuse of being too busy, too tired, not in the mood, they have school the next day, etc. Now that it is school holiday time, the kids said that they could finally make the cookies. So I promised them that we would make it on Thursday since it is a public holiday.

Now that Thursday is here, I still felt so unmotivated to make the cookies. After giving more excuses for half the day, I thought that it would be better to get this out of the way and not have the kids keep pestering me. Anyway, I wouldn't want them to say that I promised them and now I am not keeping to my promise....

So, heaving my heavy butt of the coach, the kids and I got the ingredients out and started mixing them together. It was another super simple recipe, with just 4 ingredients. You can get the recipe here: http://www.kidspot.com.au/kitchen/recipes/4-ingredient-nutella-biscuits-3124

I was crossing my fingers and hoping that the cookies turned out right this time.



The cookies didn't look like the picture from the recipe...

It was not hard and crunchy like it was supposed to be. Sigh....

Isabel was excited to try it first. She said it was chewy but nice.


Then I let Ethan try it. He finished one, then asked for another one, and another one, and more. Wow, he ate 5 pieces in one go...


Glad the kids liked it even though it did not turn out like it was supposed to. Must be the oven's fault....

Comments