Ethan 'asked his brain' for advice

Last Friday, on his second day of Standard One, Ethan had to go alone as no parents were allowed to accompany their kids to school that day. So when I picked him up in the evening at the babysitter's place, I asked him about his day.

Me: So, how was your second day of school? Were you ok going alone?

Ethan: No, I was very scared.


Me: So, how? What did you do? Did you cry?

Ethan: No, I didn't cry. I asked my brain, "Brain, what am I supposed to do? I am very scared."

Me: Really? What did your brain say?

Ethan: My brain said, "Don't be scared. You are brave. Use your courage!" So I made myself brave and used my courage the whole day.

Me: Awwww...... That's my brave boy!

Listening to my baby (yes, he is still my baby even though he is going to be 7 this year!), I was really glad he listened when I told him that whenever he feels lost in a situation and does not know what to do, he should use his brain to think. God gave all of us a brain so we could use it to think. When I told him this quite some time ago, I thought that he did not even hear me as he seemed so distracted by something else that he was doing. Now I know that he actually heard me and followed my advice.

I hope that he will always remember to stop and think whenever he feels lost in a situation and does not know what to do. I hope that he will seek God for guidance in any situation.

 I think that even adults should do this sometimes instead of just bull-dozing through any situation without giving it much thought. So, if you sometimes feel that you don't know what to do, stop for a while and ask your brain what you should do. God gave us a brain for a reason. But of course, at times, we should follow our heart as well, not just the brain....

Comments