My husband offered me cash to have another kid!

Do you and your husband agree on the number of kids that both of you want to have? My husband and I did not really discuss about it before we got married. To me, I had always wanted to have 2 kids only. Honestly, I am not someone who has much patience with children. So, two is just nice for me as I wanted my kids to have each other.

But not long after we had Isabel, my husband started giving me hints that he wanted to have 3 kids. Apparently, 2 is too few and 3 is just nice for him. Really? Three kids? Three times the headache? Seriously, no thank you!


So, the other day, the topic came up again (as usual, this topic seems to be able to pop up out of a sudden!) and he asked me if I would have another kid if he were to give me RM10,000 cash. Just RM10,000? What can you do with only RM10,000 nowadays, I asked him. Then he upped it to RM20,000. Nope, still not interested. The offer then went up to RM30,000 - plus a full-time maid to help me out. I still refused his offer - I think all the money in the world would not be able to make me think of having another kid!





I mean, why would I want to give myself more worries and headaches? The more kids you have, the more worries and the more headaches you will have!

With the high crime rates happening now, I think I would be worried every time my kids (especially Isabel) go out without me in the future. Girls get abducted in the middle of the streets, or at a park, or at a mall! I used to be able to walk to the shops nearby my house all by myself when I was 11 years old but I definitely won't allow Isabel to do that when she is 11 or even 21! The world is just not safe anymore nowadays.

And what if they grow up and mix with the wrong company? I know that it is my responsibility to raise them well so that they know what is right and what is wrong but kids do not always turn up they way you want them to be.

Of course, I know that I am just worrying too much needlessly. But what can I say? I am a mom! I am made to worry!

And even if I can stop worrying, think of all the headaches that I'll get with a third kid. Two is already enough to send my blood pressure up the roof with their constant fighting and whining and crying! And what's more, with my dear husband being away almost all the time, I am left alone to deal with the kids!

I have to admit, despite all these negativity, my 2 kids bring all the joy to me. There is nothing in this world that I would ever trade them for. But 2 is enough as they bring all the joy that I needed and will ever need.







Comments